The Big Gear Show, the tradeshow for cycling, paddlesports and outdoor gear, will host two days of retailer centric education during the outdoor trade event. Developed in collaboration with the show’s principal education partner, The National Bicycle Dealer Association (NBDA), and others like Locally.com and the Renewal Workshop, the program will focus on hot issues faced by retailers including themes like the circular economy, e-bike risks, omnichannel marketing and mentorship in specialty retail. Education sessions are available for all retailers attending the show.
Key education sessions include:
- The Future of the American Consumer – Fueling Retailer Profitability in the Face of Uncertainty, lead by Jay Townley, founding partner, Human Powered Solutions
- The Retailer’s Role in the Circular Economy, a panel led by Nicole Bassett, co-founder of the Renewal Workshop, Ben Cranson, owner of Wanderer’s Outpost and Barruch Ben-Zekry, CEO of Out and Back
- Understanding E Bike Risk at the Retail Level, lead by Larry Pizzi, CCO of Alta Cycling Group
- Mentorship in Specialty Retail, lead by Steve Green, owner of High Mountain Sports and Mandela Echefu, owner of Wheelzup Adventures
- So You Didn’t Marry a Marketer, lead by Kristin Sundin-Brandt, co-owner of Steve the Bike Guy
- Specialty Retail in the Hybrid Retail Environment, lead by Teddy Schiavoni, president, Locally
For a full list of education seminars, visit The Big Gear Show’s education page.
A total of 16 retailer focused education sessions will be delivered at The Big Gear Show. Sessions will begin at 8 AM on both mornings of the event. The Big Gear Show is in its second year and the 2022 event will take place August 2-3, at Deer Valley Resort in Park City, Utah. The two day event will gather over 2000 professionals from top bike, paddle and outdoor specialty retailers, brands and media.
To apply to attend The Big Gear Show visit thebiggearshow.com/apply-to-attend