What’s the most embarrassing thing that’s ever happened to you on the water? We asked our Instagram followers to reveal their biggest paddling faux pas. It was reassuring to know we weren’t the only ones guilty of (most of) these blunders. Here are our 11 favorite responses.
1. A swim. Nothing like having to have your friends save your a**, boat and paddle.
2. Capsizing in calm water.
3. Being the one in charge of showing the line, then messing it up in front of a group of rookies.
4. Getting to the take-out without your keys.
5. Displays of arrogance.
6. Poop in the drysuit.
7. Having to chase and collect your loose items down river after a spill.
8. When you forget to put your drain plug back in.
9. Snot hanging from your nose after a roll.
10. Forgetting the group’s tent poles at the previous camping spot.
11. When you take two or more swims on the same river & it’s not even funny anymore.